Thursday, May 28, 2020

30 Day Challenge Found!

I'm going to do a 30-day sprout challenge! That's growing the sprouts and eating in them smoothies, rice wraps, or salads. Who knows, I may discover new ways to consume sprouts along the way. 

I put a batch of red clover and broccoli on to sprout yesterday that should be ready by Saturday/Sunday. I also have alfalfa and lentils seeds that I will start growing as well. 

I got a lot of my initial ideas of what kind of seeds I could sprout from SproutPeople but ended up just reading around or when something caught my attention.  

Sprouted broccoli has a high content of sulforaphane (powerful anti-aging and nootropic) and I want to see how that will play out by daily consuming (Dr. Rhonda Patrick has a great break down here).  She mentions that freezing them also increases the sulforaphane action. She also mentions that the feeling she gets from consuming it is equivalent to the boost that caffeine gives off. 

For about 6 months, I've been inconsistently growing sprouts and inconsistently eating them. There's this curiosity to see what happens when I eat them consistently. Will it energize me? Will it help with digestion? What will it do to my innards? How will I mentally feel?

Until they're sprouted, it's the age-old frozen spinach in the smoothies for me!


               


No comments:

Post a Comment